We weren’t able to attend Search Marketing Expo London but here’s some great takeaway tips…
It would’ve been nice to go to London last month for SMX London 2o12, but alas we were stuck in the States.
Fortunately the Wordtracker guys were nice enough to do a big article with 213 takeaways and tips. It’s an awesome list of things every online marketing (and designer for that matter) should take notice of.
A few of the highlights:
– Google made 525 algorithm changes last year. (Say Wha?!)
– Brands possess immense SEO power. (Yes!)
– Become a brand and have recognizable products. (Yes! Again)
– Don’t violate design conventions – lurid colours, black backgrounds etc. (Uh-huh)
– Build trust – use video. (Hey, we make videos!)
– Social is all about personality. Make sure there are distinctive voices writing for you who are known or who can get themselves known. (That’s what we’re doing here 🙂
– Optimize where you put your social buttons: put them in an obvious place or you won’t get shared. (We try too.)
I could go on and on. The list should be required reading! Go check it out.
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.