Erik Qualman’s Socialnomics blog lists some pretty interesting social media stats.
– 1 out of 8 couples married in the U.S. last year met via social media
– Years to Reach 50 million Users: Radio 38 years, TV 13 years, Internet 4 years, iPod 3 years, Facebook added 100 million users in less than 9 months… and iPhone apps hit 1 billion in 9 months
– 80% of Twitter usage is on mobile devices
– The #2 largest search engine in the world is YouTube
– More than 1.5 million pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photos, etc) are shared on Facebook … daily
Read the rest here on the Socialnomics blog.